Thursday, February 26, 2009

Discovery Science Center (free)

Discovery Science Center (Bank of America Museums on Us)

If you own a Bank of America card (debit or credit card), certain museums are free on first weekends. This is called B of A Museums on Us program. For Orange County, Laguna Museum (Laguna Beach) and Discovery Science Center are part of this program. However, Discovery Science Center is free for only first Saturday(not Sundays) of the month. This program started in 2008 and it will continue until April 2009.
This is a great center but for toddler or preschooler, it is a bit too overwhelming in my opinion. My daughter is only 3 years old and she usually likes to play in the Kidstation on 2nd floor and the outdoor dinosaur area. So I usually like to here when it's free because I really don't think it's worth the full admission price for me and her yet.

My Tips
- Get there EARLY. Otherwise you will end up parking all the way back in the Mainplace Mall parking. I’m not kidding.

- This is a bit overwhelming for toddler/preschooler so get there early and get out early before the real crowd hits.

- Pack your little one’s lunch to save and to be healthy. There is a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut Express restaurant inside the center. Pizza and taco, not much of a choice. (right now they are going under renovation so a taco truck "Extreme Machine" is there until 3/21)

- Check out the store – they have unique toys.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this info with us. This is absolutely useful to any mom:) Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for kind comments. I've been discouraged due to lack of comments..... Please let me know if you have any good ideas for me. :)

    ReplyDelete