Monday, April 13, 2009

Bubblefest

Bubblefest

Last weekend we went to Bubblefest at the Discovery Science Center. I wasn’t really keen on taking Maddie to the Bubblefest. However, email from Goldstar offering discounted tickets lured me. (even though they say it's 50% off, with their service fee added, the ticket price is about $4-$5 cheaper than regular tickets. You need to sign up for Goldstar if you want to buy tickets)

The show was fun. It had lots of bubbles, huge bubbles, long bubbles, smoky ones and so forth. Kids have lots of chance to pop various bubbles. To be honest, I kept on waiting for that “unbelievable act” that never really came.

I do think the show is a bit over priced. If you can get a discounted ticket it is worth going. The ticket price includes the admission to the museum so plan to enjoy the Discovery Science Center after/before the show.

My Tips
- The seats were benches. By the end of the show (45 minutes), my bottom was aching.
- There is a “Kid Zone” right in front of the stage for kids. Kids can pop the bubbles and see the show close. However, adults are not allowed so if you plan on sitting there with your toddler, it is not going to work. Also because the bubbles are big when children pops them it’s practically spraying their hairs with bubble water. Some kids end of looking like they just took a shower.
- The entrance to the show is through the Discovery Science Center.
- At the end of the show they blow gazillion bubbles. You might want to bring a hat and sunglasses.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Minnie Mommy!
    I love your profile. I'm so not the LA person either and forget parallel parking! I hated doing it with a small, two door car, now with an Odyssey..please! I'll end up parking on the curb!

    We tried to attend the bubblefest last week, but it was far too crowded and ended up at the kidseum, instead! Much more mellow and we enjoyed ourselves! However, as my daughter tried on hats, I was thinking...hmmm, hoped no one had lice!

    I used to work full time, and I have a 3 year old daughter,as well. (and a 5 year old son), we live the border of N. Irvine & Lake Forest, so any time you want to meet up and we can "blog together about some event...let me know!" :)

    thanks for visiting my site earlier about the bubblefes on tolduso South OC

    SandiO

    ReplyDelete