Thursday, April 9, 2009

Powell’s Sweet Shoppe

Powell’s Sweet Shoppe

One of my favorite books that I read as a child was “Charlie & the Chocolate Factory” by Roald Dahl. I remember imagining the chocolate factory every time I read the book. Yes, the book has its flaws but I still enjoy it. Roald Dahl’s children’s books are known for UNSENTIMENTAL & DARK humor. Exactly my kind of book. (By the way, I’m one of those annoying people who think the original books are always better than their movie version.)

Any ways, I would like to introduce you to this cute little candy shop that reminds me so much of “Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.”

Yes, I’m a mommy and I’m not supposed to mention CANDY. It is the “THING-That-Must-Not-Be-Named” for all mommies. But this store is so adorable I have to tell you about it.

This shop has every candy imaginable from the past, the present and probably the future. To be honest, it's more fun for the parents than the kids.....

http://www.powellsss.com/go/index.cfm/locations/california/laguna-niguel/contact-hours/

Their party room is really cute. They have candy castle murals and life size candy land games. They have birthday packages where kids can do a candy scavenger hunt.

Birthday Party Brochure http://www.powellsss.com/tasks/sites/go/assets/File/Powells_Broc_BIRTHDAYS_REV_8-1_LO.pdf

Birthday party flier for Laguna Niguel
http://www.powellsss.com/go/index.cfm?LinkServID=D6FC5F2C-F31D-4C81-F3BAD1CA3DCF4092&showMeta=0

My tips

- Don’t bring a stroller. There is not enough space to move it around.
- The prices are high.
- Check out the party room.


**Don't blame me for your dentist bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment