Wednesday, March 18, 2009

McDonald’s Grand Opening

McDonald’s Grand Opening (Irvine) this weekend

Okay, I hate McDonald’s food. I certainly didn’t plan on getting Maddie hooked on the Big Yellow “M.” Unfortunately, I forgot about my other “big kid” who happens to be a fast food king. (He picked up 3 different kinds of fast foods on our wedding night before we went to our hotel – Yoshinoya, Taco Bell, and Carls Jr.) Yes, I’m talking about my hubby. So this “man child” that I forgot I had introduced Maddie to McDonald’s. When it started I did not object since these were usually on weekend mornings when I get to sleep little more while he takes Maddie out for breakfast. Now, whenever we ask Maddie what do you want to have for lunch/dinner, she says “MCDONALD’s.” Drat.

Fortunately it’s not the food she likes but the playground. The one we usually go to has a worn out outdoor playground. So when Julie (yes, it’s YOU) told me that a new McDonald’s opened at Orchard Hills Village Center in Irvine (Portola Pkwy & Culver), I decided try it out.

They have espresso drinks like latte, mocha, cappuccino, iced coffee and hot chocolates like McCafe. I tried their latte and it was good. So mommies, if you have to bring your kids to this McDonald’s, at least you get to enjoy a decent cup of coffee.

Their playground is brand new and it has a tree house like stairs/steps and then the usual slide. The good thing about this one is that it is indoors. The bad thing is that it is dark in the tree house stairs. I’ve seen many daddies being dragged into it by younger children because they were scared to climb it by themselves.

Another good point is that adults can join the kids. However, I would not recommend it. My hubby had a hard time climbing up the narrow steps and he didn’t even try to slide through the tube slide. I think he was afraid he would get stuck and upset the kids terribly.

Any ways, this McDonald’s is having a Grand Opening this weekend. This event has been added to my event calendar.

3/21 Saturday 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM

Ronald McDonald will be performing his magic show from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM including time for a meet and greet with our little customers. Goody bags for the first 500 guests under 12 years of age. For each Happy Meal ordered and paid, customers will receive a FREE raffle ticket. New raffles every thirty minutes. (Must be present to win)

3853 PORTOLA PARKWAY
IRVINE, CA 92620
(714)505-3300

My Plea

For those of you who have older kids,

1. If the sign says “only kids under 12 years old” PLEASE DO NOT send in your 14 year old kid to the playground. Your own kid will hate you, and the other parents will hate you.

2. Please WATCH your kids when they are playing in the playground. If you have to chat with your spouse or friends while your kids are playing, then at least tell them NOT TO CLIMB the slide since you are supposed to slide DOWN the slide. AND please tell them to MIND the little children. Believe me, as a parent I understand your urge to communicate with an adult whenever you get a chance, but you really should NOT do this on expense of other moms and younger children. Remember when your kid was a toddler? When you were worried that bigger kids might trample your kid? Please tell your kids what to do and what not to do before you send them into the playground.

For all parents,

1. When it says “NO SHOES” then it’s “NO SHOES.” Croc, slippers, princess slippers, shoes that look like socks, shoes with thin sole, shoes that does not look like shoes….. they are ALL SHOES.

2. When it says “NO FOOD” then “NO FOOD.” Again, ice cream, drinks, fries, fruit… they are ALL FOOD. Heck, if you can eat or drink it and digest it, it is FOOD.

1 comment:

  1. great review! Meeting a good friend there...and wanted to know if it had a play area...

    ReplyDelete