Monday, March 23, 2009

Pathetic Weekend

Where did we go last weekend?

Plan 1 – go to the free train rides at Fairview Park
What happened
– The tired, sleep deprived, over-worked, mean mommy who lives in a “hasn’t been cleaned in who knows how long” house did not feel like getting up. So the not so tired, well slept, under-worked NICE daddy who lives in a “house that is maintained by the mean mommy” took Maddie for the train ride. Apparently they had fun.

Plan 2 – go to the Irvine McDonald’s grand opening that I wrote about
What happened – The reality finally hit the Fast Food King (my hubby). Dr. told him that he has high cholesterol and that he is borderline diabetic. Fast Food King (aka hotdog king to his friends) was actually SHOCKED. He told me that he thinks the BUBBLE GUM he chewed RIGHT BEFORE the blood test might have caused the bad blood test results. How do you say “I TOLD YOU SO” to a guy who suspects BUBBLE GUM? Yeah, BUBBLE GUM will do that to you….

Any ways, McDonald’s was out. You obviously can not bring a reforming fast food junkie to junk food capital, the McDonald’s.

Well, let me know if you've been to this Grand Opening at kmin@hotmail.com I would like to find out what I missed!

Plan 3 – go to Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday story time at Border’s.
What happened – NOTHING happened. We were the only ones at Border’s for this event. Nobody else showed up. The store staff read Very Hungry Caterpillar to Maddie in a very boring way and gave us bunch of caterpillar tattoos.

I should have remembered my own tips. DO NOT go to these bookstore “storytimes” unless you are in the area doing something else and just happen to be there. Not worth it to go there JUST for that.

However, the tattoos of the very hungry caterpillars are very cute and of good quality. We got quite a few. Let me know if you want some.

So my weekend was boring. No reviews to write about.

However, I did UPDATE the Event Calendar. I've found some new events. Don't forget to check it out!! Just to name a few....

4/14 - Creative Fun Family Day at Sawdust Festival
4/25 - Imagination Celebration - Ignite the Power of Art at Laguna Art Museum
5/9 - Rock, Paper, Scissors SUPERSTAR!
5/16 - 17th Annual Anaheim Children's Festival

REMINDER:
- If you are planning to go to Bubblefest at Discovery Science Center, you should buy tickets, NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment